New York, NY — Pfizer and the American Lung Association have teamed up to create a sort of Kickstarter for kicking the habit. Quitter’s Circle is a website and app that teams up smokers with their supporters to maintain the motivation to quit and even crowdsource funds for the effort.
The team leveraged the best of what they’ve learned about how to help people quit with some intriguing new content and experiences. The insights from American Lung may not surprise you, but the experience of Quitters Circle definitely will.
Let’s start with the numbers. American Lung has been tracking what’s helped people quit for years.
- A quit plan doubles the odds of quitting successfully
- 85% of smokers worry about their health, only 36% have a plan to change their habits
- 80% of smokers trying to quit said support from family, friends and even coworkers can be key to quit efforts
The new site leverages those insights and changing consumer expectations to create a really unique experience. A few of our favorite highlights include:
- Build a virtual support team and crowdsource quit funds via a community-connected app
- Use leading telehealth providers to immediately connect to a doctor over video or telephone
- See peer context in the form of polls and memes from other people who are have quit
- Sign up for ongoing inspiration / motivation in lots of channels
- Browse fun listicles, like 31 Things to Do Instead of Smoke
- Make your own plan and estimate your cigarette free savings
- And, read the ultimate modern guilt trip: How second hand smoke effects your pets