Philadelphia, PA— Live from EFP ‘18: In his presentation “From ‘Data-as-Assets’ to ‘Insights-as-Assets,’” GSK’s VP of U.S. Pharma Commercial Insights Peter Barschdorff shared a hit list of wisdom in the space:
- Just like other assets, data bears particular value once made tangible
- There’s a specific set of capabilities which can help unlock the value inherent in (commercial pharma) data
- Data management and analysis require resources, which is why we need to be selective in what data is being used
- Once moved through the data management cycle, highly condensed and synthesized, data can bring to light new valuable findings—INSIGHTS!
- Insights are not the privilege of the Market Research function but rather —in some companies—are crowd-sourced
- Once implemented and successful, some insights will become truly “iconic,” enshrined into an organization’s memory
- At critical junctures throughout the planning and strategic cycle, the insights function has important levers and hooks to influence and drive the business